Otro Mundo Ausente

Changing the blog layout now... For those of you who happen accross my blog these days, you're in for something different from my Peace Corps doings. I'm back state-side in the UP, Michigan, finishing my master in volcanology. These days you'll hear about my doings post-PC, and occassionally some random thoughts I just need to get out there. Politics, conservation, persepctive, people who bug me.... whatever. I hope it doesn't fatigue you too much. best. -adam-

Friday, January 20, 2006

Going Strong

Well, Monday we went to Lake Amatitlán and saw the envio problems there...trash from all the roads in the area flows there so the eutrifiction rate has increased so that they expect the lake to become a swamp in 20-25 yrs, intead of a few hundred...and al the runoff from farm causes the algae groth to cover the rntire shore, and not to mention the lake is part of the watershed of Gaute (capital). Kinda depressing, but that's part of what I'm here for....

Ok, got to go to class.... later..

3 Comments:

  • At 15:57 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I heard that there was a problem with bug bites. Do you have anything you can use to deal with the problem?

     
  • At 17:36 , Blogger L. Barrett said...

    hope you're well adam. i'm off on the 12th and the full weight of it is on me now. keep in touch bro - luke

     
  • At 07:24 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com