Otro Mundo Ausente

Changing the blog layout now... For those of you who happen accross my blog these days, you're in for something different from my Peace Corps doings. I'm back state-side in the UP, Michigan, finishing my master in volcanology. These days you'll hear about my doings post-PC, and occassionally some random thoughts I just need to get out there. Politics, conservation, persepctive, people who bug me.... whatever. I hope it doesn't fatigue you too much. best. -adam-

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Guate is Great

Guatemala is awesome. I can see why some other blogs I've read were so long; there's so much to talk about.

Orientation in DC was fun. Everybody was able connect really quick so it made the 2 days fly by. We had to leave the hotel at 4am the day we left for Guate, which made the day very long, but when we got here it was pretty cool. From the training center we can see Volcan de Agua and Fuego. Spanish lessons aren't too overwhelming yet, and there's a ot of other stuff to talk about, like health and safety, culture and some b.s. too.

I love the familia I am staying with. There are 4 kids, and the youngest has already drawn me pictures of Piglet and SpongeBob. We've played kickball in the streets at night with a bunch of neighbothood kids with some interesting rules that I have yet to understand and there are dogs everywhere. Mi madre cooks all of my meals and the eldest son, who turns 15 on Jan. 15, brings my lunch to me at the training center. The 2 middle age kids are fun too, they loved the kickball also.

Don't want to bore you with too much writing, I'll leave it gonig piece by piece, some things won't change too much. Keep in touch-

9 Comments:

  • At 18:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So glad to finally hear something. Could you eleborate more on the family, ie. kids, names, living conditions, etc.

    Becky

     
  • At 18:18 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday. Things sound good and I'm glad you're happy with your family. Blog often.

    Love you,

    D

     
  • At 17:43 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yo Cous - sounds like you landed with a great family. Me sure to send home recipies of the best meals for us to try here. Wish I knew enough Spanish to assist with your study by writing in it but alas - not one of the languages I studied.

    We'll check back and I'll keep the boys updated

    Michelle

     
  • At 18:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi there! so sorry about last Tuesday. Soph and I were sitting there wondering if we would hear from you... the next day I realized that my cell phone was off. Perhaps you will come through DC again! Have a wonderful time, and happy birthday!
    Diane

     
  • At 23:39 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey!

    Glad you arrived safely and are settling in. Happy Birthday( a day late.) Can you post any photos of your familia and the area? Anything you find you need? Let us know.

    Love ya,

    Aunt (and Godmother) Dianne

     
  • At 21:24 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Adam! I am happy to hear that you arrived safely- The family that you are staying with sounds great! I am jealous that you and my brother are having such fun experiences abroad...Anyway, I will be checking your blog often...Keep us posted!! (pics are great, too!)

    Love ya!

    Katie D.

     
  • At 17:34 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It sounds like you are already settled in your new home away from home. We just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and a grand adventure. - Uncle Dan & Aunt Cathi

     
  • At 07:24 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

     
  • At 22:37 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    http://hermeshandbags.finniwolf.com Kohqpmr http://hermesbag.finniwolf.com birkin hermes outlet hermes handbags outlet (in view that this fx broker is displeased together with his sales staff, That would suggest that i'm absolutely best.). a totally free fight the file towards two number. their specific pistol assortment presents vests, bullets folders, in addition to camera (otherwise known as Nerf Dart brand imaginative and prescient materials eyeglasses).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com